Photographs of History II walk round Haddenham

Photographs by kind permission of Rupert Anson

Alan Rose our guide for the morning

No.1 High Street formerly a bank

Dove House a 17th century timer framed building

Nos 6-8 High St the latter houses Paul Wilkinson Photography

18th century part timber framed part wichert barn-cottage

Oak Beam – 15th century timber framed house with 17th century alterations

The Bone House – 19th century wichert building with pargetting on outside wall

1822 Wesleyan Chapel now Methodist Church and Village Museum

No 25 High Street – birthplace of our guide Alan Rose

Nos 35-37 High St 17th-18th century timber framed wichert house

Nos 46 & 48 High St pair of 17th century wichert houses with 19th century addition

Thatch detail by window of previous building

Wichert wall bordering garden for wichert houses

The Kings Head public house

No 11 The Croft overun with wisteria

Note upper door access to threshing barn The Croft

Thatch detail on No.1 The Croft 17th century house

Wichert wall borders pathway along Dragon-Tail

Well preserved example of Haddenhams famous wichert walls

Double headed dragon Dragon Lane

General view of village green with church and duck pond visible

St Mary’s Centre on Station Road formerly a school note bell at top

Church and War Memorial

Haddenham village sign Note Aylesbury ducks – Norman soldier and glider all relevant

Church of St. Mary the Virgin Haddenham mainly 12th century origin

Row of houses on The Paddocks overlooking village green

Morecraft House c.1760 junction of Gibson Lane Station Rd formerly a pub

No.6 Churchway formerly a house-shop

NO.13 Churchway White Hart Studio This was formerly a pub note sign ironwork

No.23 Churchway formerly Beehive Stores Post Office

Note floral artwork above door of No.37 Churchway

Interesting floral relief on side of No.37 Churchway

1903 house adjacent to Ivor Miles garage of Haddenham